Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reflection Six - Professional Learning Circles

I have heard about PLC from colleagues who were approached to attend seminars on PLC. I was not too sure what it was until I learnt it tonight.

I think this is a more structured and meaningful approach for teachers's professional development and learning. When "white space" was introduced in 2007, the direction on how we could use this protected time was not very clear. Teachers were encouraged to group together and share what they have learnt. It could be a sharing from an article that they have come across about teaching or something they have learnt from attending a course.

With the Lesson Study approach, using the Japanese model, teachers have a structure to fall back on. In this way, we could use this instrument for professional sharing. I am looking forward to learning more about Lesson Study.

No comments:

Post a Comment